About GTP Bioways
GTP Bioways is an expert and fast-growing French contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) providing expert services to biopharma companies for development of their innovative therapeutics (antibodies, proteins, bioconjugates and nanodrugs).
About the position
We are looking for an experienced Business Development professional to join our growing team. You will use your commercial skills and knowledge of the biopharma R&D and manufacturing sector (drug development and manufacturing industry) and its challenges to contribute to the growth of our business.
Your day-to-day work will focus on:
- Leading sales in your area in close collaboration with the business development lead to achieve agreed sales targets
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities within and outside the current customer base
- Connecting with new prospects through different channels: industry events, cold calling/emailing, social media outreach or in-person visits
- Leading RFI, RFP, tender processes
- Collaborating with the quotation team to qualify new projects and to prepare proposals
- Collaborating with project management team to ensure a commercial support during project duration and fostering long-term relationships with existing customers to achieve follow-on and repeated sales
Experience and skills required:
- An educational background (Masters/Ph.D. degree) in biosciences
- A strong knowledge of the biotech and pharma market
- 3 years min. of successful sales experience in the life science industry (prospecting + account management). Experience within a service company is a strong plus.
- Excellent listener – strong communication and networking skills – ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to any audience
- Business acumen, results oriented and used to multi-year sales cycles
- Demonstrated ability in negotiation and persuasiveness.
- Strong team working ethos with a high degree of motivation to work autonomously from a home-based office
- Ability to travel in Europe
This is a full time, home-based role. The ideal candidate will be based in Germany, Scandinavia or United Kingdom. Application from candidates outside these areas will still be considered.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send us an email with your CV and cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org (ref: business development manager).